How to Enroll for Health Benefits
As a professional Home Care Aide, you deserve the same great care and peace of mind that you provide to your clients. The Health Benefits Trust offers comprehensive, high-quality health insurance designed specifically for Home Care Aides.
Who is eligible?
- You must work at least 86 hours per month for three consecutive months to be eligible for these benefits.
- The Health Benefits Trust is available only to Home Care Aides; dependents are not covered.
- You may not have other coverage in addition to the Trust plan except for Medicare or Medicaid
Home Care Aides get the following comprehensive benefits through the Health Benefits Trust:
Nobody ever plans to get sick, but the Health Benefits Trust has you covered. Depending on where you live, your medical, vision and prescription drug coverage will be provided by Group Health Cooperative or Kaiser Permanente. You pay very little out-of-pocket for the following services:
- Doctor office visits
- In-patient hospitalization
- Emergency room
- X-rays and diagnostic imaging
- Laboratory services
- Mental health
- Hearing exams
- Chiropractor visits
- Allergy shots and other injections
- Routine immunizations
- Rehabilitative therapies
- Maternity services
The Health Benefits Trust helps with unexpected dental emergencies, keeping your cost low—even for procedures like root canals. Dental benefits are provided by Premera Blue Cross Dental and Willamette Dental.
- Preventive care: There is no annual deductible for preventive procedures. Covered procedures include check-ups, cleanings and routine x-rays.
- Basic procedures: Covered procedures include fillings, oral surgery, periodontics (gum disease) and endodontics (root canals).
- Major procedures: Covered procedures include crowns, dentures and bridges.
- Routine exams
- Hardware, such as glasses and contacts
- Generic drugs
- Brand-name drugs
How to Enroll
Independent Providers: You can enroll by logging in the to website or by filling out the enrollment form. DOWNLOAD FORM
Agency Workers: Please consult with your employer regarding enrollment.