Online Continuing Education - Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much time should I set aside for each eLearning module?
These lessons are designed to take one hour -- you will be able to pause for up to an hour and then continue with the course. After one hour, you will need to start from the beginning.
2. When will I get credit for completing the eLearning module?
It is granted only after you have completed the module and have reached the module evaluation. The credit will then appear in your “Manage My Training” screen and listed in the “Completed Training” table.
3. How will I know that credit has been given for completing the eLearning module?
It will appear in the “Manage my Learning” as soon as you have completed the individual modules and reached the learner survey questions.
4. If I need technical support who do I contact?
You can submit questions by going to www.myseiubenefits.org/contact. The MRC will NOT be able to assist with eLearning questions.
5. Are there times when I will be unable to take eLearning?
You can take the eLearning at any time or any day, even holidays.
6. Is there a way to print out the information that I see on the screen so that I can review it at a later time period?
You can do a screen capture and paste the content into a document to print it.
7. What is the format of eLearning?
All eLearning courses have portions of narration that you will listen to. Additionally, you will be asked to answer some questions by entering in a written response or choosing an answer from multiple choices.
You will be required to enter your answers in the text field or select the correct multiple choice answer before the “submit” button will work and let you continue with the eLearning. You cannot change your answers after you select the “submit” button.
8. Can I use the back button or the reload button of my browser?
No. If you use the “reload” button it will force you to start the eLearning module again.
If you use the “back” button the browser will display “Manage My eLearning” page and you will have to click the forward button and start the module again, or click on the “View Now” link to start again. In either situation you will not get credit for that learning module until you go through the entire module and select the link that leads to the feedback form at the end.
9. How do I get to the eLearning?
Enter your Username and password on the blue “Manage Training and Benefits” box on the website.
Click on the link “Manage My Training” found on the left hand side.
Click on button “Manage My eLearning.”
Click on button “Search eLearning Catalog.”
Choose a course and click on link “Register.”
Click on link “View Now.”
Note: It takes a few moments for the eLearning module to load.
9. Do I need to disable pop-ups?
Yes. Turn off pop-up blocker. With Internet Explorer go to your “Tools” pulldown menu and select “Pop-up Blocker” and then “Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.”